What photos are gone??

Take care.
by Hump
Thu Feb 05, 2015 6:35 pm
Forum: The Rigging Area
Topic: Jordan River Erosion, Trees @Point
Replies: 57
Views: 13203

And all the best for a speedy recovery from here too. Check the black spots from my neophrene covered bony buttocks on the deck of my three boards circa 1985. I tended to stand forward when riding and you can see where that marked the boards also. Every picture tells a story. :lol: L-R 8'2" Herbie ...
by Hump
Wed Feb 04, 2015 4:23 pm

Got three more pics ready so here goes. That little cabin across the river is where I first lived when I moved there on May 1st, 1975. On May 3rd. I turned 30. http://i1031.photobucket.com/albums/y374/Hump_photos/Kneeslapper_zpsnxgmm0jk.jpg Later that year my two sisters showed up in an old bus with ...
by Hump
Wed Feb 04, 2015 3:56 pm

Man that's rough for RocDoc and my deepest condolences for sure. I wasn't sure if it was a joke or somehow in reference to my stones or what. Now that I'm mostly over my little episode it doesn't seem mine was all that bad..........................................compared. Certainly wish all the ...
by Hump
Wed Feb 04, 2015 2:30 pm

Here's a pic of Sewers at super low tide with a little swell running.........in July. In all the years I lived there this was the only time I saw a rideable wave at JR in July. Way shallow so I boogied it. http://i1031.photobucket.com/albums/y374/Hump_photos/99JulySwell1_zps1eyla03k.jpg And I hope ...
by Hump
Tue Feb 03, 2015 9:38 pm

The JR Shell gas station was right where Shakies set up.

The property is still owned by the Van Dame sisters and for sale too.

Take care.
by Hump
Tue Feb 03, 2015 7:18 pm

Feeling better and hoping it's nearly over. Don't ever get kidney stones if you can help it. Youch!! Anyway, here's JVD and his Dad, Don Van Dame with an early creation from the little shaping bay attached to the barn behind the Shell station. Note also what "hipsters" looked like back then....the ...
by Hump
Tue Feb 03, 2015 11:45 am

Here's a couple of oldies. I'm battling kidney stones right now so not at my best and can't sit very long either but I'll get some out as we go along. Here's the rivermouth bar before the Cats came and scraped it down. http://i1031.photobucket.com/albums/y374/Hump_photos/DatsunBar.jpg Photo by Dave ...
by Hump
Mon Feb 02, 2015 12:57 pm

Geeze, somebody should downsize that new pic so the thread's not all screwed up. Anyway, here's the pic of pal Larry in either '77 or '78 in between big sets with his truck parked in the wrong place. You can see the works truck with the belly blade way down just east from the Breakers. Note also no ...
by Hump
Sun Feb 01, 2015 2:52 pm

I was at JR a month or so ago and noticed several changes along the beach. It was just after the high tide big swell combo and there were two sets of tracks on the road made by traffic and it looked like there had been a whack of stuff on the road as well as a bunch of water had flown under the ...
by Hump
Thu Jan 29, 2015 4:38 pm

excavators on the beach retrieving logs....I suspect that's the way they've been doing it there for 50 years or more. Every 2-3 years for the past 20 for sure. The rivermouth has been dredged every few years and I believe the dredging is also an excavator at a minus tide. (Someone correct me if I'm ...
by Hump
Tue May 01, 2007 9:32 am
Topic: Ideal surf vehicle???
Replies: 167
Views: 35037

Here's my first "surf vehicle" in 1974, parked outside the Warehouse at M&B Juskatla, in the Charlottes. That was my first new surfboard shaped by Mike Eaton for me. It cost $140.00 plus shipping. I had it flown up and eventually it was delivered to me at the Warehouse. 1963 GMC bakery truck ...
by Hump
Wed Feb 14, 2007 12:56 pm
Topic: Haida Gwaii
Replies: 5
Views: 1515

I surfed up there back in 1974 so my info may be dated somewhat, but here's a couple of things to check out. Leaving Masset headed towards Tow Hill you'll cross the Chown and then the Sangan (rivers) in short succession. Immediately after the Sangan bridge there is a house on the left side. Stop and ...