Search found 11 matches

by Manuel
Wed Jun 15, 2011 9:34 pm
Forum: The Rigging Area
Topic: Windsurfing Conditions & Spots
Replies: 24
Views: 6185

Nimai wrote: We do get dead days out here. Also, while most of us do, not everybody here says eh. Think aboot it.

... eh?
Aw... dammit!
I laughed pretty hard at that one :D !
It's cool how if you look at google maps and photos, you can see many kite surfers riding Cook St.
by Manuel
Tue Jun 14, 2011 8:07 pm

Tonight was blowing 20 to mid 20's knts, don't tell me it blows like this every night, eh?
At least I got some rides of my own at Boulder res. flat water, still can't get that wymaroo down (well up actually).
by Manuel
Mon Jun 13, 2011 6:34 pm

I can see the 30knt+ day at Cook st on the webcam, I am so jealous!
So basically the season never ends, eh?... sweet.
by Manuel
Mon Jun 13, 2011 4:20 pm

Thanks for the link, I'll check it out.
I ran into this video. Anyone knows where it is? (The tags mention victoria & tofino.) That swell looks so nice!
They aren't wearing mitts and it's Jan 17...

[youtube]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=3Bc4t3fouTs[/youtube].
by Manuel
Mon Jun 13, 2011 1:24 pm

[...]Oak Bay's nice too...and so's a ton of other places around these parts 8) I street viewed the city, it gives me an idea on what to expect. However, I don't see many homes for sale in Victoria itself. I used this . Using this site's wiki , I browsed through all of the eastern windsurfing sites ...
by Manuel
Sun Jun 12, 2011 7:59 pm
Topic: ideal surf vehicle
Replies: 50
Views: 14740

Ideally, something like this...
4x4 to go anywhere, room for two adults, kids and gear.
Room to sleep in it too.

by Manuel
Sun Jun 12, 2011 7:52 pm

oh, we're sorry, you cannot move here :roll: all full Ha! I knew I'd get some heat from that comment, but I was asked :) ! You want temp readings they're on the net I read earlier that it's between 9-14C. I think that's the temp at which I can ride without booties with an air temp above 15C. The ...
by Manuel
Sun Jun 12, 2011 6:52 pm

Thanks again everyone, it really helps. I'm more of a soccer fan than hockey. I checked out the forecast for Victoria and it says 60's for the next few days. Now do you sail with mitts and booties in the winter? What months can you start not wearing any? I use Dakine mitts and Atan booties which are ...
by Manuel
Fri Jun 10, 2011 1:54 pm

Is Up island the north part of Vancouver Island?
I take it it gets warmer / drier there? I wouldn't mind a spot where we can ride with a smaller suit once in a while for sure!
But I'll take quality wind over warmer temps any day 8)
by Manuel
Fri Jun 10, 2011 12:40 pm

Thank you for the great info. Victoria does look fabulous. I looked briefly at jobs in Victoria and found a few which is always good :) ! Any neighborhood you would suggest I look into that's fairly close to work and spots? To clarify "after-work" sessions, I'm talking about leaving at 3pm if it's ...
by Manuel
Thu Jun 09, 2011 8:35 am

Windsurfing Conditions & Spots

Hi Everyone, Nice forum with lots of good info, I currently live in Denver and sail two main spots (Boulder Reservoir for west winds & Aurora Reservoir for everything else). Both these sites are about 30 miles from where I live/work. I also sail Lake McConaughy which is a huge reservoir in Nebraska ...