Horne Lake

General discussions about windsurfing: equipment, setup tips, problems, where to go, where you should have been, lost and found
warmwindynights

Horne Lake

Post by warmwindynights »

Does anyone here windsurf Horne Lake?
When does it blow? Is it westerlys?
more force 4
Sponsor
Sponsor

Post by more force 4 »

Try a search on "horne" (search button in blue just above here). THere's been a few threads that mention sailing there.

Something I didn't put in the prev. posts is, it would perfectly suit a Kona or other modern longboard. Plane in the gusts at warp speed, then drift home upwind if necessary if the wind dies. Not so good for shortboards or kites, though really big freerides would work in the summer thermals.
Last edited by more force 4 on Thu Oct 18, 2007 7:28 am, edited 1 time in total.
Tedz

Post by Tedz »

I have sailed there during the SE rips pretty good somtimes with ok swells at times too.The best part of the lake is oposite end from the campsites,most of that end of the lake is privet property though.Good if you own a cabin on that end otherwise it would be hard to get lake access.NW in the summer is ok too good for learning i guess kind dies off in the middle of the lake somtimes near the big dead head wind changes direction.find myself stuck out there somtimes for a while.which is ok cause im usually sipping on a few beers waiting for the right gust to take me back to the cabin.All in all it can be frustrating sailing there somtimes,never windsurfed befor myself just sailed.