Up Island site

Post links to cool kiteboarding or windsurfing sites with photos, videos or technique.
JL

Up Island site

Post by JL »

Check out the new Comox site. Nimpkish info. etc. http://www.goosespit.com/
Thermals are good.
Pete Evans

Comox

Post by Pete Evans »

Hey, thanks for putting a link in for us! As we move into september we should be getting some action up here. I had a good session at Nimpkish on Thursday then the wind died.

Pete
JL

Post by JL »

Pete: Just back from Hornby...My family loves tribune bay...Any kite/windsurfing pics of S.E. on Hornby ?! Thanks...
Thermals are good.
KC7777

Hornby Island

Post by KC7777 »

Jimmy Lewis,

My parents live at Hornby near Trib Bay. See my KC7777 album for some pics from last Mar. 26/05. That day it was blowing SE straight into Trib...about 20 -25. Was blowing 30+ out at Sisters Island that day.

It is hard to get out to deep water as is directly onshore. I was on 5.5 that day. The waves come in very quickly but once planing and upwind of the wash the sailing was epic. You sail completely parallel to the beach. My wife left that day cause it was so cold so no sailing pics. I also sailed there twice on SE in July on 6.9 and 94L board...was blowing 18 or so.

Keith
JL

Post by JL »

Thanks kc7777. I thought you had a Hornby connection. We had some S.E. Saturday but only during our hike around Helliwell !!! Groovy Island.
Thermals are good.